Music Audience Exchange (MAX) is transforming music sponsorship for the digital age. Backed by tech VCs and built by a team of engineers, data scientists, music pros, and media experts, MAX has a proprietary suite of marketing tools serving 500+ artists (e.g. Kane Brown, Thomas Rhett, Mau Y Ricky, Rascal Flatts, Anthony Hamilton) and a platform that powers sponsorships for leading brands (e.g. Ford, Dr Pepper, U.S. Cellular, Anheuser-Busch, Wrangler, Acura, The State of California).
Reporting to the Director of Ad Operations, the Media Manager position is a critical role that will help to ensure that we are flawlessly executing campaigns and delivering the highest return on our media investments. An analytic mindset, quest for constant optimization, high attention to detail and an appetite for innovations are critical skills for success in this role. This role will support various forms of media, ranging from terrestrial radio, streaming audio services (Pandora, Spotify), social media, programmatic display, video, etc.
This person should be passionate about the latest and greatest solutions for digital advertising, continually seeking excellence for our clients. He/she should be confident in both executing campaign optimization tactics as well as clearly communicating key insights/changes from continuously analyzing campaign performance data to the account management teams, clients, and artist relations.
- Formulate and drive campaign marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement, and conversion for our brand clients and artists.
- Ensure campaigns are designed and built to best achieve media efficiency and campaign performance goals
- Ongoing optimizations, such as budget pacing, leverage best performing platforms, creatives, audiences, placements, devices, geographies, day parting, etc.
- Experiment with various bidding tactics, campaign structures, and the impacts of creative.
- Provide future forecasts of metrics based on various potential scenario outcomes
- Implement and execute proper tracking and trafficking needs on campaign level, so to be able to understand attribution across programs and channels using various systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot campaign performance issues (i.e. tracking issues, ad disapprovals, etc.)
- Create reporting, monitoring and optimization of campaigns to ensure impressions, budgets, and goals are met
- Provide insights that clearly and effectively demonstrate impactful items and next steps for specific markets and regions
- Collaborate and develop strong working relationships with extraordinary, cross functional teams across the creative and artist relations organization to optimize consumer journeys; breakthrough content and messaging.
- Develop and maintain a campaign measurement framework to ensure ongoing review and adjustment in alignment with marketing funnel critical metrics.
- Manage bottoms-up forecasts and budget for your campaigns in connection to each client/artist.
- Measure and optimize marketing funnel and programs. Take accountability for budget, resource allocation, and performance to plan against defined metrics.
The skills required to be considered for the position include:
- 3+ year(s) experience managing paid media campaigns
- Strong understanding of digital industry terms and pricing structures (CPM, CPC, Impressions, ROI, Sessions, Conversions, Attribution Models)
- Strong understanding of key platforms commonly used for search, social, display, video and ad operations. Examples include: Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, Datastudio, Supermetrics, etc.
- Previous experience of working in an ad agency
- Familiarity of 3rd party ad tracking implementation
- Experience managing substantial monthly budgets
- Active use experience of Google Analytics
- Moderately experienced using Microsoft Excel for building and analyzing data
- Extensive bulk editing experience, specifically to achieve bulk update tasks across various platforms in a time efficient manner